When it came time to completely renovate and expand their third generation Ford Lincoln dealership facilities, the Kindle Ford family consulted with various dealers in the area who had already completed their renovations while also consulting with Ford directly. Oliver Construction, Inc. (OCI) was the selected commercial contractor of choice simply because our name came up time and again as delivering quality, affordable and on-time commercial construction projects (not to mention, being one of the top three recommended contractors and construction managers by Ford Manufacturing).
The Kindle Ford Lincoln dual dealership relied on Oliver Construction’s expertise to ensure the brand was implemented properly, while maintaining operations and sales continuity within an active construction environment. Oliver Construction produced the construction documents to work within budget, while updating and upgrading the 45,000 SF facilities.
The exterior received a totally new metal panel brand wall, entry tower and signage. The shop was freshly painted, installed metal panels on interior perimeter walls and new Clinker floortile installed throughout. The original block service drive was dramatically transformed into a dual drive, while moving the service writers into former parts department space, complete with full service drive length and full height glazing and automated doors. This new area also houses a beautiful customer lounge, café, restrooms, retail parts area, parts manager and tech parts, as well as a connected Quick Lane Service Write-up area.
The entire showroom is updated receiving the dual brand finishes with the Lincoln finishes on the Lincoln side, and the Ford Finishes on the Ford side. A new technology media wall, flanked by communal technology table, lounge seating, reception desk, and accent floor tile separate the two brands in an open concept showroom.
ADA access for parking, entry doors and ramps were incorporated. In order to accommodate parking, water runoff, and draining, the site had to also be excavated and re-sloped. And an entirely new signage package was approved by the township.
As Kindle Ford Lincoln continues to expand in the future, Oliver Construction built an additional mezzanine space over the Parts Department to house additional staff and services.
- Start 3/1/16 Finish 11/30/16
- Renovate entire existing building while still conducting business.
- New ACM panels, corrugated siding, EFIS, and painted existing siding and block.
- Renovated entire showroom with new tile floors, paint, coffee bar, painted existing etc.…
- New LED light fixtures throughout building.
- Replace all HVAC systems
- Renovated service drive-thru with new storefronts, paint, overhead doors, clinker tile floors, drywall walls, radiant heaters, etc.
- Built new service-writers area and customer lounge where parts area was located.
- Built new parts area for customers and auto mechanics with epoxy floors.
- Built new expanded mezzanine with office’s, lunchroom, and bathrooms.
- Built new collision center area with new offices.
- Renovated shop area with clinker tile, interior metal siding, paint, fans, and large ventilation system.
- Replace all overhead doors.